USER’S MANUAL AND WARRANTY
CETMA COMPOSITES fins and monofins are for use in water only. Under no circumstances must the fins be worn and used outside the water.
Remember that the fins cannot break during the simple kicking, however during the kicking an already existing damage, perhaps caused by improper use previously, could propagate. For this reason, we recommend that you always check the fins before going in the water. If you notice even minimal damage, or any alteration of the product, we strongly recommend to NOT use the fins. Since carbon fiber is a electricity conductor , it is not recommended for use during thunderstorms with lightning.
CETMA COMPOSITES WARRANTY PROGRAM
1. CETMA COMPOSITES guarantees only original CETMA COMPOSITES products purchased directly from CETMA COMPOSITES, or purchased from authorized resellers all over the world.
2. CETMA COMPOSITES product warranty may vary for each equipment and may vary by model and production year. It is limited to a period of 2 years from the date of purchase of the product by the consumer, unless otherwise specified.This date must be verified by a valid and original sales document (invoice or receipt) together with the guarantee certificate in which the serial number is indicated.
3. To get advantages of 5 years warranty, only on the models where it’s appliable, you need to register at https://cetmacomposites.it/en/ by filling the fields with the date of purchase and the product serial ID number, in “Warranty” page.
4. Extended warranty policies not described in this document may apply to certain categories and countries.
5. Warranty claims are accepted only upon return of the faulty product complete with the warranty certificate filled in its entirety and signed by the Authorized Reseller, and accompanied by a valid and original sales document (receipt or invoice) showing the date of purchase. CETMA COMPOSITES reserves the right to refuse the free service if the requested documentation cannot be provided or if the information is incomplete, illegible or incorrect.
6. Warranty claims must be submitted to the CETMA COMPOSITES authorized product reseller where the product was purchased. The authorized reseller will deliver the product to CETMA COMPOSITES. If the product is within the Warranty Period, as evidenced by the documentation requested above, and it is found to be defective for any reason (other than those listed in the cases of exclusion reported at pages 11 to 15) CETMA COMPOSITES will repair or replace the defective product at its discretion without charging with the exclusion of shipping and custom duty expenses to CETMA COMPOSITES which are the sole responsibility of the consumer.
7. Please note that the CETMA COMPOSITES distributor / regional reseller has the right to charge handling fees and all other freight and duty charges related to a warranty claim for purchases made outside Italy. CETMA COMPOSITES will refuse warranty service if the product was NOT purchased directly from CETMA COMPOSITES or from an authorized CETMA COMPOSITES reseller.
8. CETMA COMPOSITES reserves the right to replace the claimed product with a similar product of comparable value in case of unavailability of the defective product. All parts of the product or the product that CETMA COMPOSITES has replaced will become the property of CETMA COMPOSITES.
9. Any repaired or replaced product (or part) extends the original warranty beyond the 2-year period for another period equal to the repair / replacement period.
10. If the product is found not to be covered by the terms and conditions of this warranty, CETMA COMPOSITES reserves the right to charge a handling fee.
CASES OF EXCLUSION FROM THE CETMA COMPOSITES WARRANTY
Only defects or damage resulting from a material or manufacturing defect are covered by the CETMA COMPOSITES warranty program.
Other defects or damages, especially those listed below, are NOT covered by our warranty:
• Products with scratches, scoring, altered surface due to the presence of scratches, or altered surface in any way, are NEVER covered by the warranty (fig.1);
• Fins broken in any part, which show scratches (more or less heavy), blade surface alteration due to scratches, are NEVER covered by the guarantee (fig.2);
• Using the fins with damaged or modified water rails, are NEVER covered by the warranty. (fig.4);
• Broken fins in the tip area are NEVER covered by the warranty (fig.2,3,5);
• Longitudinal broken fins are NEVER covered by the warranty (fig.6);
• Damaged product that is modified or altered in one or more of its parts eg: s-WiNG footpocket modification, painting, making holes, use of glues other than cyanoacrylate, etc. They are NEVER covered by the warranty (fig.7);
• Defects or damage caused by structural overload, unusual or incorrect use under abnormal conditions (blows, tears, falls, bumps, hand bending of the fins, or diving from the edge of the pool or boat with fins, etc. They are never covered by the warranty. (please see user manual);
• Defects or damage caused by lack of or incorrect maintenance or negligence are NEVER covered by the warranty;
• Known evident defects or damages at the time of purchase of the product are NEVER covered by the warranty;
• Obvious or tacitly accepted defects, which not interfere with the functionality of the product, are NEVER covered by the guarantee;
• Defects or damage caused by cleaning materials or other substances containing aggressive chemicals (solvents, surfactants, fuels, surfactants, aggressive detergents, etc.) are NEVER covered by the warranty;
• Defects or damage resulting from alterations, modifications or customization made to the products without authorization, are NEVER covered by the warranty;
• Defects or damage caused by incorrect assembly of the components, are NEVER covered by the warranty;
• Defects or damage caused by prolonged use of the product in chlorinated or polluted water, are NEVER covered by the warranty;
• Defects or damage caused by exposing the product to excessive temperatures, fire or prolonged exposure to sunlight, are NEVER covered by the warranty;
• All components subject to normal wear on rubber parts, silicone parts, latex, neoprene, hinges, release mechanisms, etc. are not covered by the warranty unless it can be demonstrated that the problem is a manufacturing defect already present at the time of purchase, are NEVER covered by the warranty; CETMA COMPOSITES does not cover with warranty equipment used for rental, military, commercial, or for professional use or competitions.
USER’S MANUAL AND WARRANTY